The Tennessee Health Information Management Association (THIMA) Nominating Committee wants you to suggest fellow members and/or yourself as possible candidates for the THIMA Executive Board positions for the next fiscal year July 1, 2022-June 30, 2023.
ALL NOMINEES MUST BE ACTIVE THIMA MEMBERS IN GOOD STANDING.
Nominations are open for the following positions:
- Delegate (only elected even years)
- Nominating Committee
Duties of the Elected Officers of THIMA
Candidates for President-elect should have served on the THIMA Board of Directors (as an officer or Local Association President) or have served as a leader or chairman of a THIMA team, committee, or task force within the past five years. They must possess the ability to carry out the duties of the president-elect and then as president. Some of these duties include:
- Serve as President-Elect, (one-year term)
- Serve as ex-officio member of all project groups and committees
- Attend all Board of Directors’ meetings and all membership meetings
- Serve as a delegate to AHIMA National Convention and prepare a report to be given at the THIMA Business Meeting and in Newsletter
- Serve as a liaison and resource for Local Associations
- Attend AHIMA’s State Leadership Conference (usually in July)
- Attend the THIMA Annual Meeting and meeting at THA
- Plan/lead strategic planning sessions with assistance from executive director
as President (one-year term)
- Appoint and direct activities of all team leaders, committee and task force chairmen
- Direct activities of THIMA officers and Executive Director
- Preside at all meetings of the Board of Directors and the membership
- Direct THIMA delegation at AHIMA House of Delegates
- Write a President’s Message for each issue of the THIMA newsletter
- Attend the THIMA Annual Meeting and meeting at THA as Past-President, (two-year term)
- Serve on the THIMA Board of Directors for two years
- Present the President’s Plaque at the Awards Celebration (first-year past-president)
- Serve as Parliamentarian (second-year past-president)
Nominating Committee Members
Each Local Association is invited to submit at least one nominee for the Nominating Committee. From those nominees, four (4) will be elected.
The duties of those elected include participating in conference calls of the Nominating Committee and soliciting and contacting prospective nominees as directed by the chairman.
The Nominating Committee may solicit suggestions of active THIMA members who are willing to serve as nominees for an elected office of THIMA from Local Associations, individual members, President-elect, President, etc.