HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 265,000 people across more than 1,800 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It’s an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we’re connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
At HCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
The Clinical Documentation Improvement Division Leader is responsible for the management of the Division facilities’ CDI functions. Plans, organizes, and leads the facility CDI teams. Directs the concurrent, comprehensive reviews of clinical documentation within the medical record to achieve accurate and detailed documentation. Appropriate provider documentation for clinically indicated conditions or procedures support accurate assignment of severity of illness, expected risk or mortality, intensity of service and resource consumption, which in turn accurately portrays the facility’s quality outcomes ratings, reduces compliance risks, and captures appropriate reimbursement. Represents CDI through participation in Division multi-disciplinary strategy development and operations initiatives.
- Serve as the Division’s Subject Matter Expert (SME) for topics related to provider documentation
- Demonstrate knowledge of Official Coding Guidelines and the DRG Classification System to insure compliance with such regulations as they related to the CDI function
- Direct/manage Division’s facility CDI teams:
- Oversee new employee CDI orientation and training, including use of systems such as: Midas, HPF, eRequest, Electronic Health Record Systems, 3M Encoder, etc.
- Assignment of daily work load, when necessary
- Quality monitor the facility CDI staff’s appropriateness of use of query forms, correctness of query creation, and timeliness of query responses
- Lead facility CDI teams to improved operating metrics
- Monitor to assure assigned education is completed by all facility CDI staff members
- May undertake all human resource and payroll functions of facility CDI staff members
- Based on CDI strategic initiatives, work with Division leadership to identify Division-specific CDI goals
- Establish Division and Facility action plans, monitor progress, and report progress to Division CFO and AVP CDI
- Successful in working within matrix reporting relationship with Division CFO and corporate AVP CDI
- Identify documentation improvement opportunities through use of trended data and auditing
- Prepare and present CDI program metrics to Facility, Division, and Group leaders
- Maintain positive relationships with Facility and Division leadership
- Work closely and foster positive relationships with practicing physicians and physician leaders
- Collaborate with HSCs to assure accurate DRG assignment and billing and successfully resolve operational issues
- Demonstrate proficiency in current and emerging technologies
- Understand and comply HCA policies and procedures
- Communicate effectively in oral, written, and electronic formats
- Work independently in a time oriented environment
- Travel to locations within assigned geographical area
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Bachelor degree required
- 7+ years professional experience
- Current RN license with Critical Care, OR, ER experience preferred
- Current RHIA or RHIT or CPC (Certified Professional Coder) or CCS (Certified Coding Specialist).
- If a foreign medical graduate, a MBBS required
Apply Online: https://careers.hcahealthcare.com/