Mentee in the THIMA Mentor Program
Qualifications (meets one of the following)
- Currently enrolled in HIT or HIM program.
- Interested in pursuing a career in the HIM profession.
- Currently working in the HIM profession and interested in obtaining an AHIMA credential.
- Currently working in the HIM profession and interested in expanding, broadening knowledge and expertise.
- Make initial contact with mentor.
- Discuss setting up a one time face to face meeting, unless prohibited by time and distance.
- Establish mutually agreed upon method and frequency of communication
- Discuss the goals, objectives, and expectations with mentee.
- Promptly inform mentor if email, telephone number or contact information changes.
- Respond to communication from Mentor within 5 days, unless, different response time has been established.
- Inform mentor if you will be unavailable, ex. on vacation, out of the country, etc. and unable to respond within 5 days.
- Communicate with mentor at least monthly.
- Maintain positive, courtesy, and professional demeanor in all interactions.
- For face to face (includes virtual) meetings present yourself in a professional business casual manner.