The AHIMA Nominating Committee is searching for qualified AHIMA members, from the Active or Emeritus membership categories, to fill the roles of:
- One AHIMA President/Chair-elect
- Three Directors for the Board of Directors
- One Commissioner on the Commission on Certification for Health Informatics and Information Management (CCHIIM). Preferred nominees hold either a CDIP, CHDA, or CHPS
- Two Council for Excellence in Education (CEE) Members
- One Speaker-elect for the House of Delegates
The President/Chair-elect, Director, CCHIIM Commissioner and CEE Council Member positions have three-year terms and the Speaker-elect has a two-year term. All terms begin on January 1, 2023. Descriptions, duties, and qualifications for each of these elected positions are available on the Get Involved Web page of the AHIMA Web site. Please review this information and consider serving AHIMA members as an elected leader. Applications are due March 31, 2022. The online application will be available in mid-January.
Should you have questions about this process, please do not hesitate to contact Shannan Swafford via email or phone.
Shannan Swafford, DHA, MBA, RHIT, CHDA, CCS
Member, 2022 AHIMA Nominating Committee