Hamilton Health Care System, Inc.
Hamilton Health Care System (HHCS) is a not-for-profit, fully-integrated, comprehensive system of care serving the northwest Georgia region. The Dalton-based flagship of the system, Hamilton Medical Center, is a 282-bed regional acute-care hospital which offers major medical, surgical, women’s, psychiatric and diagnostic services, including award winning, accredited stroke and chest pain centers.
Known for its advanced care and personalized service, Hamilton Health Care System offers innovative treatment options in state-of-the art facilities while maintaining a compassionate, friendly, and tranquil healing environment.
Title: Manager, Health Information Management 557981683
Department: Health Information Management
Reports To: Director
Schedule: Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm
Assists the Director with the planning, organizing, managing and coordination of the functions of the Health Information Management department to improve day to day and short term activities. Provides consistent and constructive feedback to associates. Trains, develops or identifies associate’s training needs and resource needs. Establishes priorities, schedules daily work and monitors the quality and quantity of work performed by the department and the individuals within the department. Assists with developing and administering departmental procedures, policies and standards, ensures organization policies and procedures are communicated and practiced. Develops appropriate measures or standards for performance and uses these to monitor, evaluate and continuously improve service and associates. Performs project management activities including the development of action plans, design specifics, budget requirements and project management for all medical record systems. Provides application support for the information systems utilized by the Health Information Management department. Performs maintenance and updates to supported application software. Initiates and coordinates system documentation and quality initiatives. Provides periodic status updates to Director, Health Information Management as required. Manager must be a champion for improving Patient Satisfaction and a leader for Service Excellence.
Education: Graduate of approved RHIA or RHIT program.
Licensure: RHIA or RHIT Certification
Experience: Three years Health Information Management background with experience in the technical, as well as the organizational mechanism of the HIM department in an acute care hospital. At least two years’ experience of supervisory skills preferred. Coding experience required.
Knowledge of basic HIM practices. Must be familiar with Medical terminology, anatomy and physiology. Current and extensive knowledge of ICD-10-CM/PCS and CPT coding systems and trends and developments in prospective payment system. Knowledge about reimbursement systems and regulatory issues affecting coding. Must be familiar with an encoder and have computer experience. Must have a thorough understanding of the Revenue Cycle and the role and responsibilities of Health Information Management within the Revenue Cycle.
- Must be a highly motivated, detail and service oriented individual that can accurately set priorities, work effectively with minimal direction in a job environment involving creative leadership.
- Possess written and verbal communication, problem solving, interpersonal, organizational and technical skills.
- Mature individual with a strong sense of organization and the ability to develop long range plans while maintaining control over current projects.
- Must ensure continuing education activities are maintained. Professional code of ethics is followed in order to remain an active member of the American Health Information Management Association.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities. Must be dependable and exhibit professionalism.
- Computer literate and able to communicate with information technical staff.
- Proficient at Microsoft Office (EMail, Word, Excel and Power Point).
- Ability to work in a high pressure or changing environment and exercise food judgment to resolve problems in the absence of formalized guidelines and procedures.
To learn about Hamilton’s exciting and extremely competitive benefits package, please contact Hamilton Human Resources at (706) 272-6641 or email at HRADMIN@hhcs.org.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
To provide your employment application and upload your resume please visit us at https://www.hamiltonhealth.com/job-seeker/careers/
Apply Online: https://www.hamiltonhealth.com/job-seeker/careers/