CoxHealth is the region’s only locally owned, not-for-profit health system
CoxHealth is the area leader in health care and community involvement, with six hospitals, more than 80 clinics, five ERs and nearly 12,000 employees throughout southwest Missouri. We offer a wide range of treatments and services to help with whatever health needs you might have. Whether you’re about to become a parent, have an illness or need medical information, we’re here for you. And if your goal is to live a healthy, balanced life with the best tools available, we can help with that, too.
We know that your health and the health of your loved ones are some of the most personal, important parts of your life. That’s why we keep our Mission, Vision and Values at the center of everything we do, every day. Thank you for choosing CoxHealth.
To improve the health of the communities we serve through quality health care, education and research.
To be the best for those who need us.
Safety, compassion, respect and integrity.
The Inpatient Coder III position is the senior expert Inpatient DRG coder responsible for timely and accurate coding of the more complicated inpatient records and has been trained to code all Inpatient patient records. The Inpatient Coder III position has expert knowledge on all coding guidelines and MS-DRG reimbursement. As an expert DRG Coder, this position will also act as a mentor to less experienced coders. The Inpatient Coder III is responsible for reviewing and analyzing documentation present in the medical record for Inpatient cases to assign ICD 10 CM diagnoses and ICD 10 PCS procedures based on the documentation in the medical record. The Inpatient Coder III has expert knowledge on all coding guidelines and MS-DRG reimbursement and Abides by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association.
- Must have the analytical ability to interpret data contained in medical records and assign appropriate codes for accurate reimbursement.
- Expert knowledge in ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS (Inpatient Coding) classification systems
- Expert knowledge of DRG reimbursement.
- Expert knowledge of POA and HAC assignments.
- Ability to work under high production standards and minimal supervision due to tenure in Inpatient coding.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and concepts effectively.
- Demonstrates competency with use of computers and various computer programs.
- Visual acuity necessary to read and decipher handwriting and electronic documentation.
Required: 5+ years Hospital Inpatient Coding Experience
Required: AHIMA Approved Credential: RHIA, RHIT, or CCS AND AAPC Approved Credential: CIC AND CoxHealth Internal Inpatient Coding Test score of 95% or greater to be hired
- Preferred: CCS credential
- Required: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Required: Completion of Coding Program
Benefits available for this role:
- Sign-on bonus and relocation assistance for eligible candidates
- Tuition reimbursement up to $1,200 per year
- Retirement with employer match
- Onsite daycare with extended hours, holidays and weekends
- Pharmacy delivery to your department
- On-site Employee Health services
- Opportunity to earn referral bonuses of up to $5,000 per hire for certain positions
- 20% tuition discount on most classes at Cox College
- Cafeteria discount
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please apply online at www.coxhealth.com/careers