Job Purpose Summary:
To provide quick, efficient, and proficient means for the management and release of protected health information (PHI) to multiple healthcare facilities and to contribute to the company’s overall mission of providing secure & meaningful health information exchange (HIE) to help improve the quality of patient care.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Understand and abide by all HIPAA privacy and security laws
- Interpret and apply HIPAA rules to release of protected health information requests
- Validate all incoming requests for PHI
- Verify patient information using key identifiers to secure patient privacy
- Conduct quality screenings on incoming PHI to protect patient data
- Verify requesting party contact information including fax number, address or email
- Update and maintain an Accounting of Disclosures Log for all processes
- Provide attention and care to patients and patient representatives
- Answer phone calls for status checks and inquiries
- Invoice applicable parties for medical record requests
- Thorough and detail-oriented
- Professional demeanor
- Customer oriented disposition
- Strong communication skills
- PC proficient
- EMR experience required
- Ability to self-manage, work quickly and meet deadlines
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in Health Information Administration, Health Information Technology, or related field.
- 1-2 Years of preview experience within the Healthcare Industry is highly encouraged
This is an hourly, non-exempt position that will be scheduled at 40 hours per week ranging from $17-21 per hour.
pply Online: https://medicopy.net/landing/jobpostings