As the 2017 Holiday Season approaches, it’s a perfect time to give back and pay forward! The HIM profession has never been more important to patients, providers, and the health care industry. Trusted, quality health information is critical for the health of a Nation and her citizens!
Together we can help Health Information Management (HIM) remain a force in motion! Please join the THIMA Foundation as we raise funds to provide educational opportunities for students and practitioners of HIM.
- Mission – The mission of the THIMA Foundation is to be the pre-eminent foundation in health information leadership, policy and research for the healthcare industry and the public in the State of Tennessee.
- Purpose – To expand and grow HIM education for students and HIM professionals through scholarships and continuing education programming.
- How YOU can help – Your donation, large or small, provides opportunities for students, faculty, and HIM practitioners who are constantly working to provide quality health information for quality healthcare.
- Goal – To award five $1,000 scholarships to HIM students at the THIMA Annual Meeting in March, 2018.
- Legal Status – THIMA Foundation has been recognized as a public charity and given 501(c)(3) status by the IRS; contributions are tax deductible under Section 170 of the Code
Together we can make a difference in the lives of so many. Let’s make it happen! Donations may be made online or by check!
Lela McFerrin, RHIA
Chair, THIMA Foundation Council
Donna Coomes, MBA,RHIA,CHPS,CHDA,CPHI,CCS,CHC, CPHQ
Board Liaison, THIMA Foundation Council
To learn more about the THIMA Foundation, contact Wanda McKnight, RHIT, CAE; Executive Director; 615-242-7275; firstname.lastname@example.org