North Mississippi Medical Center
- Analyzes and synthesizes qualitative and quantitative health information for various needs.
- Assesses the long-range and short-term goals of the health information management function in conjunction with the needs of the medical staff.
- Develops and directs health information/medical record format and content standards to assure complete, accurate, timely and compliant health information.
- Directs and assures the availability of health information to patients and their caregivers.
- Directs and oversees the development, implementation and monitoring of standards, policies, and procedures governing the collection, maintenance, presentation, dissemination, and release of protected health information.
- Directs institutional education and training activities related to health information management.
- Directs, oversees and manages compliance, regulatory, accreditation, licensure and re-certification activities related to health information management and operations throughout NMHS/NMMC.
- Provides institutional leadership and direction for HIMS functions such as: planning, collecting, aggregating, analyzing, and disseminating individual patient and aggregate clinical information; release of information; confidentiality; information security; information storage and retrieval; retention of health information; authorship and authentication of health information; standardization of medical vocabularies; use of classification systems; design, development, and implementation of electronic health record systems; design and development of documentation templates; transcription of clinician dictation; training and education regarding clinical documentation requirements and processes; and conducting reviews of compliance with health information documentation.
- Provides leadership and expertise in the development, design and implementation of clinical vocabularies and document naming conventions.
- Provides leadership, direction, and oversight for the ongoing design, development, and implementation of the electronic health record and computer-based health information systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Management required; Master’s Degree preferred
- Certification of Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) and current active membership in the American Health Information Management Association; required
- Minimum of 5 years’ administrative experience with similar scope of responsibility and within a similar setting required; previous Director experience highly preferred
- Excellent organizational and communication (written and verbal) skills required
- Knowledge of regulatory guidelines, reimbursement systems, information governance for electronic medical records, and privacy and security laws required
- Excellent interpersonal skills; required