etHIN, a Regional Health Information Exchange, is looking for an experienced HIM Data Analyst. Some additional Project Lead experience is desirable. This position is office-based in Knoxville, TN.
Patient maintenance at etHIN is a critical component to providing clean and accurate patient information within the Health Information Exchange (HIE). The HIE user community trusts that patients have been appropriately identified and their medical information has been properly associated with the correct patient. The HIM Data Analyst role is responsible for the integrity and accuracy of patient data collected from disparate source systems. Project management skills are also required to lead and coordinate data-focused projects both internally, with etHIN participants, and with one or more vendors involved. Knowledge of healthcare terminology, HL7, structured data such as CDAs, data testing and validation best practices, strong communication, writing, documentation, project coordination, and organizational skills are critical to any person’s success in this role
The qualified candidate will be fully trained on HIE software and toolsets in order to perform the duties and responsibilities listed below in the HIM Data Analyst role. The HIM Data Analyst is one of the etHIN Operations staff members responsible for performing patient maintenance. Core competency in the tasks below are a pre-requisite to any project lead work to be assigned. candidate must be capable of sitting and utilizing computer and software applications for the majority of the workday.
- Processing patient merges received from HIE Data Providers (verification and validation that two patients should or should not be merged/combined together)
- Distribute daily patient information reports to HIE Data Providers
- Monitor and work unmatched message queue – matching patient records to appropriate patient when system was unable to perform the match
- Prepare and distribute potential patient merge reports for etHIN Data Providers using HIE platform generated reports
- Review and process weekly system generated reports on potential patient merges
- Perform patient research as requested – requests may be received internally or externally and may trigger additional action to merge or separate patient information
- Protect and secure confidentiality of protected health information
- Project management lead where candidate will be the etHIN leader for projects that are etHIN only initiatives, etHIN-participant initiatives, etHIN-vendor initiatives, or vendor, multi-participant, and etHIN initiatives
- Support etHIN User needs regarding system status, user credentials or access, miscellaneous questions
- Occasional rotational ‘on call’ to support user access needs after hours or on weekends
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum Intermediate Level MS Office proficiency (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Web browser proficiency (IE, Chrome, Safari) – able to navigate and change settings
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-starter requiring limited supervision once training is completed
- Exhibits professional demeanor and excellent customer service skills and attitude
- Ability to comply with the extreme confidential nature of the work assigned
- Medical records management or comparable experience
- Experience and training with work environments, data, and people subject to HIPAA regulations and compliance.
- 3 – 5 years healthcare-related work experience
- Recent healthcare related project lead experience desirable
- Associates Degree, minimum
To be determined based upon prior experience. This position is contract/temporary (90 day review period, at minimum) to permanent.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “HIM Data Analyst” in the Subject line.
No Headhunters or Staffing Services please.