Friends and Colleagues,
A highlight for me every year is the THIMA Annual Meeting, and this year I am especially excited about the meeting! Here’s why.
- Rocky Top! For the first time in many years, we are meeting in beautiful downtown Knoxville!
- The program! Have you noticed that there is something for everyone? Privacy, IG, Revenue Management, Analytics, CDI, ICD-10. . . the list goes on! And special sessions focused on Long Term Care and Behavioral Health! And our fantastic exhibitors!
- Our own Karen Scott is our AHIMA Board Liaison, and she’ll be providing the AHIMA Update.
- A chance to give back – we are donating items to the Knoxville Area Rescue Mission!
- Scholarships and Awards! We’ll be honoring the finest among us and supporting the next generation of HIM professionals. Then we celebrate it all at our traditional dance party – that’s Wednesday night!
- Finally, and top of the list, we will honor the memory of our friend and colleague Natalie Stovall Frady who we lost last year in a tragic car accident. A scholarship has been established in her memory and a fun run/walk fundraiser is being held on Thursday evening. Whether you are a runner or like me, you prefer to walk — be a part of Natalie’s Run. A special race t-shirt, selfie-stations, red, white, and blue glow sticks — this will be a memorable time for us! Please register for the run/walk by February 20, so we can ensure that we have plenty of swag for all! You don’t want to miss this fun event!
I’ll see you in the Smokies!