THIMA is a component state association of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
AHIMA is the premier association of health information management (HIM) professionals worldwide. Serving 52 affiliated component state associations and more than 103,000 health information professionals, it is recognized as the leading source of “HIM knowledge,” a respected authority for rigorous professional education and training.
As the membership organization of health information management professionals, the Tennessee Health Information Management Association (THIMA) fosters the professional development of its members through education, representation, and lifelong learning. These commitments promote quality health information for the benefit of the public, healthcare consumers, providers, and other users of clinical data.
We are committed to the:
- creation and utilization of systems and standards to ensure quality health information
- achievement of member excellence
- development of a supportive environment and provision of resources to advance the profession
- provision of the highest quality service to members and healthcare information users
- investigation and application of new technology to advance the management of health information
- the balance of patients’ privacy and confidentiality of health information with legitimate uses of data
- the quality of health information as evidenced by its integrity, accuracy, consistency, reliability, and, validity
- the quality of health information as evidenced by its impact on the quality of healthcare delivery