This position responds to facility inquiries regarding medical records management, performs ICD-10-CM coding, and audits clinical documentation. Position supports team by performing special projects as needed.
- Assign ICD-10-CM codes in accordance with Official Coding Guidelines and Medicare requirements for ICD-10-CM coding
- Consult with facility staff on any medical record questions or issues including documentation guidelines, record retention requirements, or questions related to DaVita Medical Records’ Policies & Procedures to ensure medical records are complete, accurate, and maintained in accordance with accepted professional standards, established policy, and legal requirements
- Perform medical record audits for compliance with Official Coding Guidelines, CMS Coverage Policies (National Coverage Decisions, Local
- Coverage Decisions), Federal Regulations for End-Stage Renal Disease Facilities, appropriate State ESRD Regulations, DaVita Policy and
- Procedures, HIPAA and “best practices” in medical records management
- Train and educate clinical staff and physician(s) on deficiencies found during audit(s)
- Submit a summary report of findings and an action plan template to Facility Administrator, Regional Operations Director (ROD), Clinical Coding
- Manager, and Clinical Services Specialist (CSS) after completing audits
- Request action plan from Facility Administrator for remediation of audit deficiencies
- Know, monitor, and maintain current knowledge of changes in laws and regulations that affect medical records (health information) managementOther duties and responsibilities as assigned including but not limited to:
- Work overtime with little or no notice as needed
- Attend team meetings, phone conferences, and training as needed
- Know, understand, and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures
- Work remotely, travel, and/or telecommute as required
- Consistent, regular, punctual attendance as scheduled is an essential responsibility of this position
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A “community first, company second” culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Information about the position:
- Monday-Friday schedule
- 40 hours per week (some OT when needed)
- Will be an in office position
- RHIA or RHIT certification, is needed
- Manager/ Leadership is a plus
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Health Information required
- RHIT or RHIA licensure required
- Minimum of 2 years’ coding experience preferred
- Minimum of 1 year’s’ experience in a renal dialysis setting preferred
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint (or similar office/presentation programs) required
Join us as we pursue our vision “To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen.”
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Instructions for Resume Submission: