NHC Healthcare Murfreesboro is seeking a Health Information Director to join our team of professionals. NHC Murfreesboro is an 181 bed long term care rehab facility located in Murfreesboro, Tennessee and has a for-profit corporate ownership.
NHC is an equal opportunity employer.
- Manage, coordinate, and direct various activities of the Health Information Management Department and serve as HIPAA Compliance Officer, Quality Assurance/Performance Improvement Coordinator and Utilization Review Coordinator.
- Understand ICD-10-CM diagnosis coding guidelines and principles for Long Term Care.
- Has knowledge of both state and federal long term care regulations governing health information management.
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple responsibilities and tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that include the ability to effectively work with all departments.
- Work closely with health care providers (Physicians/, Nurse Practitioners, etc.) and assure that compliance is met.
- Conduct ongoing medical record reviews to include Admission and Discharge records to assure completeness, accuracy and internal consistency. Identify trends and report to the Administrator and Director of Nursing and the QA/PI Committee when indicated.
- Attend meetings as required by the Center and maintain continuing education as required for performance of the job.
- Manage the release of information functions for the facility including review and processing of all requests for information and assuring release of information requests are appropriate and meet legal standards.
- Other duties as assigned and appropriate.
- Ability to perform all jobs in the HIM department.
- Certification as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA)
- Active Member of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
- Minimum of 3-5 years of management or supervisory experience in the field of health information, preferably in a long term care setting
NHC offers an excellent benefit package to include, health, dental and vision insurance, LTC insurance, short-term disability, 401K retirement plan & option to purchase stock in the company.
Salary dependent on experience.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 615-890-1224 attn. L. Foster, Administrator